Join us for the 11th Annual Friends of Fishtown 5K
Sat, July 20, 2019 • 9:00am
Our beautiful course winds through Leland’s neighborhoods and along the Leland River, starting and finishing in the heart of Fishtown. Gradual climbs and descents make this an event for the serious runner or the whole family! Proceeds help us preserve and maintain the historical integrity of Fishtown, and ensure that it remains publicly accessible.
- Corral Starting Line – Fastest runners at front
- RFID Chip Timing* – Timed by Endurance Evolution of Traverse City
- Age categories – 12-under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Participants – Runners, walkers, strollers, and leashed dogs are welcome to run/walk
- 5K Route Map
- After Race information – TBA
- Qualified Race of the Traverse City Track Club’s Grand Prix Race Circuit – More Info
- “Run Like a Fish” Costume Contest (Information below)
- Online registration Thur, Feb 1 thru Wed, July 17 at 11:59pm ~ Click here to register now.
- $30 per participant – Feb 1 to June 30**
- $35 per participant – July 1-20:* Thursday and Friday, July 18-19 (in-person only) –10:00am-4:00pm at the FPS office (203 E Cedar, Leland) – and 10:00am-6:00pm at the Welcome Center in Fishtown – Saturday, July 20 before 8:30am on race morning in Fishtown
* You MUST be registered prior to 8:30am on race day to be chip timed.
** Registrations through Sunday, June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size.
- Registration includes:
- Fishtown 5K athletic tee**
- Reusable water bottle
- Post-race refreshments
- Chance to win incredible race medals unique to Fishtown!
- Entry in “Run Like a Fish” Costume Contest for medals and prizes
Fishtown is a forever project that relies on community and donor support. 100% of Fishtown 5K proceeds help preserve and ensure that Fishtown remains here every day, for everyone. We greatly appreciate additional donations from our 5K friends—which you can make when checking out, under support/contribute, or by mailing your check payable to Fishtown Preservation to PO Box 721, Leland, MI 49654. Thank you for your continued love and support of Fishtown!
- Friday, July 19 – 2:00-6:00pm in the Munnecke Room, Leland Township Library at 203 E. Cedar St. Leland – between Library and Leelanau Historical Museum
- Saturday, July 20 – Before 8:30am in Fishtown (race day)
Fish Costume Contest
Our 11th Annual Fishtown 5K costume contest theme is “Run Like a Fish!” In addition to our amazing 5K race medals, additional medals and prizes will be given for the best fish costumes and the first three fish to cross the finish line! (You must be registered for the race to win.) We also hope that many Fishtown 5K “Fish” will join us to run down Main Street in Leland’s 4th of July parade! Thank you Two Fish Gallery for being our Fish Costume Contest Sponsor!
Register early to get your t-shirt size! Registrations through June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size – Youth S, M, L (select Adult S for Youth XL) and Adult S-M-L-XL-XXL (Note: Shirts are wicking and will not shrink). Those registering between July 1-20 will not be guaranteed their first size choice. Don’t need a t-shirt? Choose to make an additional contribution to Fishtown Preservation by opting out.
NEW! 5K Toddler T-shirts — When you register for the Fishtown 5K online, after choosing your t-shirt size, you now have the option to also purchase Fishtown 5K toddler t-shirts for an additional $20 each (3T, 4T, 5T). You need to be registered for the 5K to purchase the toddler t-shirts.
• You can order up to 3 toddler t-shirts online. To order more or
• If you’ve have already registered and would like to purchase a toddler t-shirt,
please call 231-256-8878.
Big thanks to our amazing 2019 Fishtown 5K Sponsors!
Presenting Sponsors $2500
Refresh Sponsor $1500
Award Sponsor $1000 Fish Sponsor $1000
Whitefish Sponsors $500
9 Bean Rows
Falling Waters Lodge
International Coffee Club of America
Leland Yacht Club Foundation
Olson, Bzdok & Howard
Adopt-A-Mile Sponsors $125
Meggen Watt Photography
Custom Sponsorship – It’s up to you!