12th Annual Fishtown 5K ~ Sat, July 18, 2020 • 9:00am
Join us for our 12th Annual Friends of Fishtown 5K—whether as a competitive racer, as part of your summer tradition, or for the first time! Our beautiful course winds through Leland’s neighborhoods and along the Leland River, starting and finishing in the heart of Fishtown. Gradual climbs and descents make this an event for the serious runner or the whole family! Rain or Shine—Proceeds help us preserve and maintain the historical integrity of Fishtown, and ensure that it remains publicly accessible.
2019 Fishtown 5K:
• Click for Timing and Results
• Click for Race Details and Photo Gallery
- Corral Starting Line – Fastest runners at front
- RFID Chip Timing* – Timed by Endurance Evolution of Traverse City
- Age categories – 12-under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Participants – Runners, walkers, strollers, and leashed dogs are welcome to run/walk
- 5K Route Map – Click to View
- After Race information – Timing and Results
- Qualified Race of the Traverse City Track Club’s Grand Prix Race Circuit – More Info
- “Run Like a Fish” Costume Contest (Information below)
Registration ~ July 16-18, 2020 in person only
- 2020 Online registration Sat, Feb 1 thru Wed, July 15 at 11:59pm ~ Click here to register
- $30 per participant – Feb 1 to June 30, 2020**
- $35 per participant – July 1-18, 2020:*
– Thursday and Friday — July 16-17 (in-person only) –10:00am-4:00pm at the FPS office (203 E Cedar, Leland) or at 10:00am-6:00pm at the Welcome Center in Fishtown
– Saturday, July 18 — Race morning in Fishtown.* You MUST be registered prior to 8:30am on race day to ensure chip timing.
** Registrations through Sunday, June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size.
- Registration includes:
- Fishtown 5K athletic tee**
- Reusable water bottle
- Event tote bag
- Post-race refreshments
- Chance to win incredible race medals unique to Fishtown!
- Entry in “Run Like a Fish” Costume Contest for medals and prizes
2020 5K registration begins on February 1Register Now
2020 Packet Pick-Up
- Friday, July 17 – 2:00-5:00pm in the Munnecke Room, Leland Township Library at 203 E. Cedar St. Leland – between Library and Leelanau Historical Museum.
- Saturday, July 18 – 7:30am to 9:00am in Fishtown (race day). Packets also available at FPS office, Monday-Friday, after July 18.
Register early to get your t-shirt size! Registrations through June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size – Youth S, M, L (select Adult S for Youth XL) and Adult S-M-L-XL-XXL (Note: Shirts are wicking and will not shrink). Those registering between July 1-18 will not be guaranteed their first size choice. Don’t need a t-shirt? Choose to make an additional contribution to Fishtown Preservation by opting out.
Fishtown is a forever project that relies on community and donor support. 100% of Fishtown 5K proceeds help preserve and ensure that Fishtown remains here every day, for everyone. We greatly appreciate additional donations from our 5K friends—which you can make when checking out, under support/contribute, or by mailing your check payable to Fishtown Preservation to PO Box 721, Leland, MI 49654. Thank you for your continued love and support of Fishtown!
Big thanks to our amazing 2019 Fishtown 5K Sponsors!
If you would like to be a 2020 sponsor please call 231-256-8878.
Presenting Sponsors $2500
Refresh Sponsor $1500
Award Sponsor $1000 Fish Sponsor $1000
Whitefish Sponsors $500 9 Bean Rows Falling Waters Lodge International Coffee Club of America Leland Lodge Leland Mercantile Leland Yacht Club Foundation Olson, Bzdok & Howard Riverside Inn Van’s Garage Chub Sponsors $250 Big Stone Bay The Cove Green Goodness JenTees ~ Custom Logo Gear Leelanau Books Leelanau Wine Storage Schaub Team Premier Realty Adopt-A-Mile Sponsors $125 Meggen Watt Photography Custom Sponsorship – It’s up to you!