12th Annual Fishtown 5K ~ Sat, July 18, 2020 • 9:00am
Join us for our 12th Annual Friends of Fishtown 5K—whether as a competitive racer, as part of your summer tradition, or for the first time! Our beautiful course winds through Leland’s neighborhoods and along the Leland River, starting and finishing in the heart of Fishtown. Gradual climbs and descents make this an event for the serious runner or the whole family! Rain or Shine. Proceeds help us preserve and maintain the historical integrity of Fishtown, and ensure that it remains publicly accessible. Thank you for participating and/or becoming a sponsor and helping to continue a much-loved Fishtown tradition. 2019 5K Photo Gallery
- Corral Starting Line – Fastest runners at front
- RFID Chip Timing by Endurance Evolution
- Age categories – 12-under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Participants – Runners, walkers, strollers, and leashed dogs are welcome to run/walk
- 5K Route Map – Click to View
- After Race information – Timing and results posted after race!
- Qualified Race of the Traverse City Track Club’s Grand Prix Race Circuit – More Info
- “Run Like a Fish” Costume Contest (Information below)
Registration ~ Begins Feb 1
- Register during the month of February to receive an “I Heart FT” sticker in your 5K packet!
- 2020 Online registration Sat, Feb 1 thru Wed, July 15 at 11:59pm
- $30 per participant – Feb 1 to June 30, 2020
- $35 per participant – July 1-15, 2020 – Online or at FPS office
- $35 per participant – In-Person Only: Begins on Thursday and Friday, July 16-17 – 10:00am-7:00pm at the FPS office at 203 E Cedar, Leland or from 10:00am-5:00pm at the Welcome Center in Fishtown
- $40 per participant – Race day, July 18 – in Fishtown (You must be registered by 8:30am on race day to ensure chip timing)
- No refunds issued after June 18, 2020
- Registration includes:
- Fishtown 5K athletic tee*
- Post-race refreshments
- Chance to win incredible race medals unique to Fishtown!
- Entry in “Water, Water Everywhere!” Costume Contest for medals and prizes
- Friday, July 17 – 2:00pm to 7:00pm in the Munnecke Room, Leland Township Library at 203 E Cedar, Leland – between Library and Leelanau Historical Museum.
- Saturday, July 18 – 7:30am to 8:00am in Fishtown (race day). Packets also available at FPS office, Monday-Friday, after July 18.
Register early to get your t-shirt size! Registrations through June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size – Youth XS, S, M, L (select Adult S for Youth XL) and Adult S, M, L, XL, XXL (Note: Shirts are wicking and will not shrink). Those registering between July 1-18 will not be guaranteed their first size choice. Don’t need a t-shirt? Choose to make an additional contribution to Fishtown Preservation by opting out.
*You must register by June 30 to be guaranteed your preferred t-shirt size.
This year’s costume contest theme is “Water” — because, seiche happens! In addition to our amazing 5K race medals, additional medals and prizes will be given for the three best costumes selected by our judges, and the first three costumes to cross the finish line! To be eligible for awards and prizes, costume contest entrants must be registered for the race and sign-in for judging between 8:00-8:45am—before the race in Fishtown.
Fishtown is a forever project that relies on community and donor support. 100% of Fishtown 5K proceeds help preserve and ensure that Fishtown remains here every day, for everyone. We greatly appreciate additional donations from our 5K friends—which you can make when checking out, under support/contribute, or by mailing your check payable to Fishtown Preservation to PO Box 721, Leland, MI 49654. Thank you for your continued love and support of Fishtown!
2020 Sponsorship Opportunities
Fishtown 5K Sponsorships offer businesses/organizations and families a great promotional opportunity — that also helps preserve Fishtown. For more information please view/download our sponsorship packet or call Summer at 231-256-8878.
Thank you 2020 Fishtown 5K Sponsors:
Presenting Sponsors $2000 (1 more available)
Start to Finish $1500 (2 available) Refresh Sponsor $1500 (2 available)
Award Sponsor $1000 (1 available) Theme Sponsor “WATER” $1000 (1 available)
Chub Sponsors $250 (unlimited available) Big Stone Bay
Adopt-A-Mile Sponsors $125 (2 available) Meggen Watt Photography
Custom Sponsorship – It’s up to you!