Join us for the 10th Annual Friends of Fishtown 5K
Sat, July 21 • 9am
Our beautiful course winds through Leland’s neighborhoods and along the Leland River, starting and finishing in the heart of Fishtown. Gradual climbs and descents make this an event for the serious runner or the whole family!
Proceeds help us preserve and maintain the historical integrity of Fishtown, and ensure that it remains publicly accessible.
- Corral Starting Line – Fastest runners at front
- RFID Chip Timing* – Timed by Endurance Evolution of Traverse City
- Age categories – 12-under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Participants – Runners, walkers, strollers, and leashed dogs are welcome to run/walk
- 5K Route Map – Click here
- After Race – Click here for 5K race tracking and results
- Qualified Race of the Traverse City Track Club’s Grand Prix Race Circuit – More Info
Registration ~ Register Now!
- Online registration Thur, Feb 1 thru Wed, July 18 at 11:59pm
- $30 per participant – Feb 1 to June 30**
- $35 per participant – July 1-21 in-person*: – Thursday and Friday, July 19-20 –10am-4pm at the FPS office (203 E. Cedar, Leland) – Thursday and Friday, July 19-20 –10am-7pm at Welcome Center in Fishtown – Saturday, July 21 before 8:30am on race morning in Fishtown
* You MUST be registered prior to 8:30am on race day to be chip timed.
** Registrations through Friday, June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size.
- Registration includes:
- Fishtown 5K athletic tee**
- Hydration stations throughout course
Reusable water bottle
- Post-race refreshments
- The chance to win incredible race medals unique to Fishtown!
- Friday, July 20 – 2-4pm in the Munnecke Room, Leland Township Library at 203 E. Cedar St. Leland – between Library and Leelanau Historical Museum
- Saturday, July 21 – Before 8:30am in Fishtown (race day)
Register early to get your t-shirt size! Registrations through Friday, June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size – Youth S or M (select Adult S for Youth L) and Adult S-M-L-XL-XXL (Note: Shirts are wicking and will not shrink). Those registering between July 1-21 will not be guaranteed their first size choice. Don’t need a t-shirt? Choose to make an additional contribution to Fishtown Preservation by opting out.
Year of the Tug ~ Costume Building Workshops
Thursday, June 28 ~ 1-4pm AND Tuesday, July 10 ~ 1-4pm
In celebration of our 10th Annual Fishtown 5K, we’ve declared 2018 the “Year of the Tug.” In addition to our amazing 5K race medals, specific medals will be given for the best tug costume and the first three tugs to cross the finish line. You’re also invited to wear your tug costume, and walk with us in Leland’s 4th of July parade. Not sure how to make a tug costume? Two FREE ‘Tug Costume Building Workshops’ are being offered on Thursday, June 28 – 1-4pm and Tuesday, July 10 – 1-4pm in the Munnecke Room at Leland Public Library. We’ll provide costume making material (including cardboard, paint, twine, tape and brushes), photo reference, direction and hands-on help. You’re also welcome to bring building materials. The workshops are open to all ages, with varying costume sizes—even custom fitted for strollers!
Free Yoga After 5K!
Yoga4 of Lake Leelanau will be offering a FREE 20 minute cool down yoga practice to runners and spectators near finish line. All levels, no experience necessary, no mats needed. Thanks Yoga4!
Thank You 2018 Sponsors!
Whitefish Sponsors $500
9 Bean Rows
Falling Waters Lodge
Leelanau Wine Storage
Two Fish Gallery
Chub Sponsors $250
At The Lake
Big Stone Bay
Schaub Team Premier Realty
Refresh Sponsor $1000 – Available
Custom Sponsorships – It’s up to you!
Our Fishtown 5K race sponsorships offer your business, family or organization a great promotional opportunity while also helping preserve Fishtown. Look at/print 2018 5K Sponsorship Information or call 231-256-8878.