Join us for the 10th Annual Friends of Fishtown 5K
Sat, July 21 • 9am
Our beautiful course winds through Leland’s neighborhoods and along the Leland River, starting and finishing in the heart of Fishtown. Gradual climbs and descents make this an event for the serious runner or the whole family!
Proceeds help us preserve and maintain the historical integrity of Fishtown, and ensure that it remains publicly accessible.
- Corral Starting Line – Fastest runners at front
- RFID Chip Timing* – Timed by Endurance Evolution of Traverse City
- Age categories – 12-under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Participants – Runners, walkers, strollers, and leashed dogs are welcome to run/walk
- 5K Route Map – Click here
- After Race – Click here for 5K race tracking and results
- Qualified Race of the Traverse City Track Club’s Grand Prix Race Circuit – More Info
Registration ~ Register Now!
- $30 per participant – Feb 1 to June 30** – Online registration closes – Wednesday, July 18 at 11:59pm
- $35 per participant – July 1-21 in-person*: – Thursday and Friday, July 19-20 –10am-4pm at the FPS office (203 E. Cedar, Leland) – Thursday and Friday, July 19-20 –10am-7pm at Welcome Center in Fishtown – Saturday, July 21 before 8:30am on race morning in Fishtown
* You MUST be registered prior to 8:30am on race day to be chip timed.
** Registrations through Friday, June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size.
- Registration includes:
- Fishtown 5K athletic tee**
- Hydration stations throughout course
Reusable water bottle
- Post-race refreshments
- The chance to win incredible race medals unique to Fishtown!
- Friday, July 20 – 2-4pm in the Munnecke Room, Leland Township Library at 203 E. Cedar St. Leland – between Library and Leelanau Historical Museum
- Saturday, July 21 – Before 8:30am in Fishtown (race day)
Register early to get your t-shirt size! Registrations through Friday, June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size – Youth S or M (select Adult S for Youth L) and Adult S-M-L-XL-XXL (Note: Shirts are wicking and will not shrink). Those registering between July 1-21 will not be guaranteed their first size choice. Don’t need a t-shirt? Choose to make an additional contribution to Fishtown Preservation by opting out.
2018 ~ Year of the Tug
In celebration of our 10th Annual Fishtown 5K, we’ve declared 2018 the “Year of the Tug.” Special awards will be given to 5K participants that make and wear tug costumes during the race! We will also be using this theme for our entry in Leland’s July 4th parade and invite everyone to join us. Tug costume patterns/guides will be available soon. We’ll be sharing information about the history of Fishtown’s fishing tugs throughout the year.
Thank You 2018 Sponsors!
Whitefish Sponsors $500
9 Bean Rows
Falling Waters Lodge
Leelanau Wine Storage
Two Fish Gallery
Chub Sponsors $250
At The Lake
Big Stone Bay
Schaub Team Premier Realty
Refresh Sponsor $1000 – Available
Custom Sponsorships – It’s up to you!
Our Fishtown 5K race sponsorships offer your business, family or organization a great promotional opportunity while also helping preserve Fishtown. Look at/print 2018 5K Sponsorship Information or call 231-256-8878.