The Friends of Fishtown 5K (Virtual)
July 17-31, 2021
Our 13th annual race for Fishtown will be a virtual event, allowing participants to practice physical distancing while safely uniting in support of Fishtown. All proceeds go toward preserving historic Fishtown—the place, the stories and the Leland fishing tradition. Join us virtually to Run the Race-Preserve the Place!
Our virtual race allows you to walk, hike or run the race on your own time wherever you choose — a neighborhood route, a nature trail, a treadmill, or even laps around the back yard! Regardless of your location, we hope you will complete the race with Fishtown in your mind and in your heart! While we won’t be able to gather together, participants will receive a race packet, via USPS mail, with the essential items needed to complete the race between July 17th and July 31st. Please be certain to confirm your mailing address!
How to Participate
- Cost – $35 per person.
- June 14 – Last day to register to receive a race packet, including a commemorative t-shirt, race bib and an event magnet.
- July 10 – Last day to register to receive a race bib and event magnet, while supplies last.
- July 30 – Last call! Final day to register and squeeze-in a run for Fishtown.
- Prize! – Every registered participant will be entered to win a 16 x 20 inch, framed oil painting of Fishtown by artist Neil Walling.
- Choose to complete the race any time between July 17-31, whenever and wherever you like.
- If you choose to run the official race route, the route will be marked, but just be safe because there will be traffic.
- Create race-day momentum by wearing the commemorative t-shirt and bib.
- This is not a timed event, so enjoy the exercise and daydream about your next visit to Fishtown.
- Unite in support of Fishtown via social media with snapshots of your Friends of Fishtown 5K experience. Follow us and share your moment! #Fishtown5K, and #RunForFishtown
- Facebook: facebook.com/FishtownMI
- Instagram: @FishtownMI
- Cross your fingers and hope to win “Reflected Light In Fishtown”, (below) a painting by artist Neil Walling. The winner will be announced at the end of the race.
Register early to get your commemorative t-shirt, race bib and event magnet! Registrations through June 14 will receive a race packet with fun participant materials! T-shirt sizes include – Youth XS, S, M, L (select Adult S for Youth XL) and Adult S, M, L, XL, XXL (Note: Shirts are wicking and will not shrink). Don’t need a t-shirt? Choose to make an additional contribution to Fishtown Preservation by opting out.
*Registrations after June 14 will not receive a t-shirt. A race bib and event magnet will be included, while supplies last.
*Participant packets will be sent via USPS mail. Please be certain to confirm your mailing address when registering!
Fishtown is a forever project that relies on community and donor support. We greatly appreciate additional donations from our 5K friends—which you can make when checking out at race registration, or by mailing your check payable to Fishtown Preservation to PO Box 721, Leland, MI 49654. Thank you for your continued love and support of Fishtown!
2021 Sponsorship Opportunities
Fishtown Virtual 5K sponsorships offer businesses, organizations and families a great promotional opportunity while also helping preserve Fishtown—now and forever. For more information please view our Sponsorship Opportunities, call 231-256-8878 or email [email protected].
Thank you 2021 Fishtown 5K Sponsors:
Presenting Sponsor $2000
Buoy Sponsors $1000
Whitefish Sponsors $500
Chub Sponsors $250