Fishtown Preservation is looking for an intern for summer 2012.
The Fishtown Preservation Society’s Internship Program is designed for current students pursuing careers in museums, history, environmental studies, communications or related work. This internship provides participants with a great opportunity to gain in-depth work experience in one of the few remaining fishing villages on the Great Lakes.
We are seeking an energetic team player that is passionate about Fishtown. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, welcoming and educating visitors, retail management, volunteer organization, event planning, research projects, and administrative tasks. The intern will be spending time in the office as well as in Fishtown.
To read about the experiences of Tara Novak, FPS Summer Intern 2011, click here.
- The internship begins May/June 2012. Ending date is flexible.
- Flexible schedule 20-30 hours per week. Some weekend hours required.
- A modest stipend will be provided at the end of the internship
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Professional demeanor
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIAL SKILLS DESIRED
- Knowledge about Fishtown and the Leland community
- Interest in nonprofits and education
- Retail experience preferred
- GPA of 3.00 or higher
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter expressing interest and availability in Word format to the Executive Director, by April 11, 2012. No phone calls, please.
Contact: Amanda Holmes, Executive Director, [email protected]